1,875 Posts in 546 Topics - by 1,449 Members - Latest Member: Yeetus Cleetus (Darksied)

Author Topic: New occupation, scavanger  (Read 985 times)

Offline Wulf Thunderbolt (Thunderwolf47)

• Administrator
  • Date Registered: Mar 2017
  • *Bark* *Bark*
    • United States
    • Windows 10
    • Chrome
New occupation, scavanger
« on: March 29, 2017, 01:48:47 pm »
One suggestion that I had for the server is an ocean scavanger. What I mean by this is is having a occupation that would go out an loot crates in the ocean that contain items, or just a crate, that has/is valuable. From there you would have to sell to the black market NPC. This allows for piracy role play and to help make more money at sea.

<a>[/url]

Offline Nate Critch

• Fishlord
  • Trusted
  • Semi-New Member
  • I am a Dedicated member of HRP, Currently Trusted
    • United States
    • Windows 10
    • Chrome
Re: New occupation, scavanger
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2017, 09:01:54 pm »
I think that'd be cool and fun to have on the server, it adds more ways to make money and to not be bored sitting on your boat waiting for your fish to be caught.

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2017, 09:44:54 pm »
I think it would be cool to have boxes spawn randomly around the map, crates like you said, and then when you open them, RNG will pick certain items to be put in there that are worth a certain amount and then you can bring them to be sold at an NPC.

Offline Wulf Thunderbolt (Thunderwolf47)

• Administrator
  • *Bark* *Bark*
    • United States
    • Windows 10
    • Chrome
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2017, 10:10:10 pm »
The only downside that I see of this type of mod is having items be rendered constantly or to have a limit to how many can spawn. Whilet the crates need to be unbreakable and leave debree in the ocean, perhaps something along the lines of pressing a button or performing and action the then replaces the whole crate instantly with an item of value. Or just have it be a crate that hase labeled different contents. This would also make coastguard patrol the waters more for scavagable contraband.

<a>[/url]