1,875 Posts in 546 Topics - by 1,449 Members - Latest Member: Yeetus Cleetus (Darksied)

Author Topic: Weapons (eventually)  (Read 2014 times)

Offline Bishop Wallace (Bish | 2401 Penitent Tangent)

• MEME
  • Developer
  • Date Registered: Mar 2017
  • The or something
    • United States
    • Windows 10
    • Chrome
Weapons (eventually)
« on: August 16, 2017, 09:52:01 pm »
Just figured I would suggest this.    All I'm asking is to get rid of M9K in the future, not soon or anything.  Just within the life span of the server... please.

Here is the pack I think we should have and add.  Its a nice pack and uses M9K models to a degree.  That way, players can still see the guns and will be able to experience the TFA system.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=415143062&searchtext=TFA+base

The base is clean, feels good when in firefights.  It also allows more versatility and more realism in terms of pvp.  Also, it allows for melee and other things like bayonets attached to your guns that you can actually use.

Like I said, eventually... not soon... but eventually.  Just something to consider adding whenever able.

That two

Offline Danny Hampton (wawa wawa)

• 20 fps life
  • Deluxe
  • Date Registered: Jun 2017
    • United States
    • Android
    • Handheld Browser
Re: Weapons (eventually)
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2017, 10:00:51 pm »
Yes please. I've been wanting something less clunky for ages. Using TFA as opposed to base M9K you can really feel the difference.

i hate people who say "quarter till 7" like just say 6:75 dumb as

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2017, 01:16:56 am »
I'm not a fan of those weapon models at all. I think it looks pretty cheap, and too cartoony.

We do have plans to switch to the CW weapon pack eventually™

• MEME
  • Developer
  • The or something
    • United States
    • Windows 10
    • Chrome
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2017, 01:23:36 pm »
I'm not a fan of those weapon models at all. I think it looks pretty cheap, and too cartoony.

We do have plans to switch to the CW weapon pack eventually™

What do you mean cheap and cartoony? lol  TFA base doesn't use m9k by default.  There is a pack that has the models for it.  I was suggesting we use that for starters so people can just see the guns at first.

Also, TFA is a lot more stable and less laggy compared to CW... also, you may not be able to customize what guns you have in TFA... but CW doesn't show the attachments you have on your gun in third person.. so it could cause problems with PVP in a sense.  CW could make it so a player is sniping with an M4 and cause some confusion.  While with TFA, the model is what you have.

Link, try the pack in singeplayer before you make any addition with CW please... the guy who made CW hasn't finished the addon completely... just like FA:S 2.0.. its incomplete. 

That two

• MEME
  • Developer
  • The or something
    • United States
    • Windows 10
    • Chrome
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2017, 04:32:45 pm »
If you install TFA base and the TFA converter, we can run TFA without having to do anything other than entering 1 console command.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=682140902&searchtext=tfa+converter

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=415143062

This addon adds a bunch of realism.

That two

Offline Nicholas Flammel (Queue)

• Semi-New Member
  • Date Registered: Jan 2018
  • I love HRP!
    • Australia
    • Windows 10
    • Chrome
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2018, 05:14:08 am »
Really? another weapon pack trying to be more "realistic"? this is like the 3rd one ive seen, FA:S 2 CW and now this

Offline Danny Hampton (wawa wawa)

• 20 fps life
  • Deluxe
  • Date Registered: Jun 2017
    • United States
    • Android
    • Handheld Browser
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2018, 05:26:44 am »
I don't understand the hate. M9K is far from the best weapon base, and leaves some features to be desired. We're just trying to find an alternative, and TFA seems like a good contender.

i hate people who say "quarter till 7" like just say 6:75 dumb as

Offline Nicholas Flammel (Queue)

• Semi-New Member
  • Date Registered: Jan 2018
  • I love HRP!
    • Australia
    • Windows 10
    • Chrome
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2018, 11:54:34 pm »
I don't understand the hate. M9K is far from the best weapon base, and leaves some features to be desired. We're just trying to find an alternative, and TFA seems like a good contender.

the "hate" is that there is now 3 "realistic" ones out there. its looking like in the future you will go to the workshop and the weapons packs will be like searching gun swep