1,875 Posts in 546 Topics - by 1,449 Members - Latest Member: Yeetus Cleetus (Darksied)

Author Topic: Simple cheap  (Read 1438 times)

Offline Bishop Wallace (Bish | 2401 Penitent Tangent)

• MEME
  • Developer
  • Date Registered: Mar 2017
  • The or something
    • United States
    • Windows 10
    • Chrome
Simple cheap
« on: July 18, 2017, 09:30:49 pm »
Figured I should ask now before later.

I am wondering if anybody would be ok with a simple small darkrp server Devd by me.   Pretty simple old school setup.  On foot RP with money printers and all the older stuff from the classics. 
Nothing fancy, ranks will transfer and you would be able to purchase money packs from VIP store along with a few permanent weapons and of course the staple "Buy rank and keep rank".

My over all plan was to throw together a simple server with a few addons.  So relativity small download.

I mainly want to bring back the old school feel of a server called BSRP.  Best Serious Role Play. They shut down right when gmod 13 hit.  Not because they weren't popular, but because the owners were just done.  This is one of the old servers that would have 40+ players daily all through the day. 

I already have a rule list I want to implement and can modify as per request of others or necessity to fit gameplay and rp standards.   Remember, this will be a SIMPLE server if it does go into the works.  Just something to jump on every now and then to blow off steam or be sociable with others.  In the sense that it will be more lenient than HRP but will have less end game goals.

Of course, however.... there will be rules in place to ensure it is still fun to actually RP instead of run and gun.  NLR, fearrp and passive RP are main stays in the old server, and I intend to keep them.

The gun pack I might use (Up for debate.  The olds erver used these and they are a pretty stable pack.  But they are old).
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=918012269&searchtext=siminov  (I can modify things in the pack to make it easier to use)

The map I want to sue is rp_genova
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=303347710&searchtext=genova

That two

Re: Simple cheap
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2017, 09:41:36 pm »
You can do whatever you want in regards to this. However, unless we explicitly announce our support for it, you can post and talk about it here, but you may not recruit anyone off of our servers to join yours, or anything like that.

Feel free to talk about development and shit all you want, and any statuses on your server/project.

Offline Bishop Wallace (Bish | 2401 Penitent Tangent)

• MEME
  • Developer
  • The or something
    • United States
    • Windows 10
    • Chrome
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2017, 09:48:15 pm »
Well, I wanted to have it under this community as part of the community is why I put it here. I don't really have a community or anything other than here.  Im not advertising or anything, just figured I put this here to see if anybody would want it.   And if they did, I would be happy to work on it under the community name.  Literally it, because I have no other way of doing it and im tired of having to split between like 2 -3 different communities. 

That two

Offline Miku Netsuha (Nicknero)

• That one oldfag.
  • Administrator
  • Date Registered: Jun 2017
  • Why are you reading this?
    • The Netherlands
    • Windows 7
    • Firefox
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2017, 10:27:52 pm »
DarkRP, a magnet for whiney kids and trolls. The last thing this community needs more of, are those.

The CityRP idea was good. Specially if we somehow link it with HRP. If we were to have that, then the DarkRP server would be useless because it is basically a semi CityRP gamemode.

Offline Wulf Thunderbolt (Thunderwolf47)

• Administrator
  • *Bark* *Bark*
    • United States
    • Windows 10
    • Chrome
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2017, 11:29:42 pm »
Both seem very interesting for the community. But I feel as if the city to would benefit more. There is so much we can do with it.

<a>[/url]