1,875 Posts in 546 Topics - by 1,449 Members - Latest Member: Yeetus Cleetus (Darksied)

Author Topic: Redoing the coastguard system  (Read 742 times)

Offline DelsieTheSkarf

• Date Registered: May 2017
  • Trans Gril yo
Redoing the coastguard system
« on: May 16, 2017, 08:59:25 am »
Ok, this might be a bit too much for a new-ish server and I completely understand, but hear me out.
Instead of having the basic Coastguard -> Coastguard Commander system, have a better system for the Coastguard and a working leadership system.

1. Coastguard Seaman- Basic rank, have to pass the test to get in.
2. Petty Officer- Have to be promoted by a higher-up (Chief Petty Officer+), if you want you can have Petty Officer Third, Second and Third class. Has command of anyone lower than him.
3. Chief Petty Officer- Have to be promoted by a higher-up to get to this rank. Have command over anyone lower than them.
4. Command Master Chief Petty Officer- Rules over the Petty Officers, but has command over normal Seamen.
5. Commander- Obviously has command over anyone lower than him. Can command the Command Master Chief Petty Officer.
6. Captain- Higher than the Commander, has command over everyone lower than him.
7. Vice Admiral- Works with the Admiral in making important decisions for the Coastguard (I recommend getting someone who knows their law IRL pretty well to be VA and the Admiral). Is chosen by the server owner(s) and the Admiral.
8. Admiral- Rules over the entire Coastguard, makes important decisions for the Coastguard. Works with the mayor when it comes to making/editing laws. Is chosen by the server owner(s).

I feel this would be a much better system than what we currently have, that way we'd have people who are genuinely competent looking over the Coast guard instead of some random pleb who was enough hours on the server to be like "HEY I'M THE BOY WITH THE BIG BALLS HERE, FUCKIN DO WHAT I SAY YEE CUNTS".
Differences in weaponry, vehicles, etc. can be decided by you guys.

If this was implemented you'd have a proper, functioning Coastguard job instead of the generic DarkRP "Go to the bloke and ask for a job, you have a gun now gl" system which, honestly, is pretty shit.

Zafiro

Re: Redoing the coastguard system
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2017, 10:38:36 am »
I like the idea but with the lack of people that play CG already I can see it being pretty difficult to fill this roster, especially with how easy it is to apply and acquire a position now.

Offline Wulf Thunderbolt (Thunderwolf47)

• Administrator
  • Date Registered: Mar 2017
  • *Bark* *Bark*
    • United States
    • Windows 10
    • Chrome
Re: Redoing the coastguard system
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2017, 01:20:45 pm »
We may get more authoritiv jobs in the future and will keep this in mind. Unfortunately CG is only limited to 5 to 6 personal. So having this many jobs listed probably won't happen.

<a>[/url]