1,875 Posts in 546 Topics - by 1,449 Members - Latest Member: Yeetus Cleetus (Darksied)

Author Topic: Submarines / under water stuff / drones  (Read 1525 times)

Offline Jerry Slime

• Semi-New Member
  • Date Registered: Apr 2017
  • I love HRP!
Submarines / under water stuff / drones
« on: April 12, 2017, 11:05:44 am »
Submarines added to the dock master? That would be cool for driving or artifact hunting.
More stuff underwater stuff maybe like maybe finding rare deep sea fish and getting them with a fishing rod or something.
Maybe just like camera drones or spy drones just cause it would be cool and could be fun.

Re: Submarines / under water stuff / drones
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2017, 11:52:38 am »
The only problem with the submarine idea is there are no submarine vehicles on the workshop afaik or anywhere. We want to be the first to have em, and have been talking to a few modelers so stay tuned for that.

Offline Tony Goldsmith (=FLI= TheRealGammaGamerZ)

• Date Registered: Mar 2017
  • Dank Boat
    • United States
    • Windows 10
    • Chrome
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2017, 11:53:59 am »
there are really no submarine vehicles the only one i know of is https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=105146169  SligWolf`s F.C.C.

Offline Jerry Slime

• Semi-New Member
  • Date Registered: Apr 2017
  • I love HRP!
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2017, 12:15:52 pm »
Quote from:  link=topic=123.msg264#msg264 date=1492023158
The only problem with the submarine idea is there are no submarine vehicles on the workshop afaik or anywhere. We want to be the first to have em, and have been talking to a few modelers so stay tuned for that.
ok

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2017, 01:01:02 pm »
there are really no submarine vehicles the only one i know of is https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=105146169  SligWolf`s F.C.C.

I might actually play around with that. I remember that vehicle was a hover craft of sorts and could never actually go in the water. I'll play around with the source and maybe might be able to make a sub from it.

Offline Wulf Thunderbolt (Thunderwolf47)

• Administrator
  • Date Registered: Mar 2017
  • *Bark* *Bark*
    • United States
    • Windows 10
    • Chrome
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2017, 03:31:17 pm »
Well I may be a rigger for maya software but I also have the capabilities to model items, especial vehicles.  If your interested for future endeavors just let me know.

<a>[/url]

Offline Billy Bong (billybob41)

• Skeet
  • Owner
  • Date Registered: Feb 2017
  • Tenacious Behavior
    • United States
    • Windows 10
    • Chrome
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2017, 11:26:52 am »
No drones, players would abuse them 100% of the time. Ether by trolling players, crashing into helicopters or into players. I spoke to several modelers and having a functional submarine to walk around inside is impossible on garrys mod. The map has a fixed water level that can not be manipulated. If anything, it would just act like a prop boat but with features.

Billy

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2017, 04:22:42 pm »
I spoke to several modelers and having a functional submarine to walk around inside is impossible on garrys mod

Yes, this is true that you cannot have a sub to walk around in. That will never be a thing unless they can make water that parts which would require modifying the entire water behavior within the source engine!

The map has a fixed water level that can not be manipulated.

Sort of. The water level is essentially a big, static cube. In the map editor, you draw out a box and then set it to water. What you're saying is that there is only one water level and it can only be adjusted once and you can't have multiple water levels which is not true. You can draw as many cubes as your pretty little heart desires for water. Whether the water level could be manipulated or not is also not relevant. If we are talking about the ability to part water with a sub so there is no water inside of it, water level is still irrelevant.