1,875 Posts in 546 Topics - by 1,449 Members - Latest Member: Yeetus Cleetus (Darksied)

Author Topic: New Passive Rp Jobs/ Items to sell  (Read 2691 times)

Offline Cam Hyiroh (Hyiroh)

• Date Registered: Mar 2017
  • I love HRP!
    • Canada
    • Windows 10
    • Chrome
New Passive Rp Jobs/ Items to sell
« on: April 11, 2017, 05:08:47 pm »
Hello everyone i would just like to bring up the fact that there are only a few jobs that everyone can play as and enjoy, however finding new ways to make money can be difficult. i would like to suggest a "cook" job, where the player could sell food items that give certain boosts, wether it be to armour or fishing. another idea could be a job as just a market man, where you could buy and sell fish off of people for a better price, where the job would get more money off the vendors for fish, but not actually be able to sell fish themselves. and a final job, being a shopkeep, who would cell items like the fishing rod, microwave, lamplight, radio, tv, and other items that could be posted here if anyone has any good mod ideas for some cool items to be sold (ie vape mod, drugs, printers ect) thanks for listening guys and lets hear that feedback!

Offline Wulf Thunderbolt (Thunderwolf47)

• Administrator
  • *Bark* *Bark*
    • United States
    • Windows 10
    • Chrome
Re: New Passive Rp Jobs/ Items to sell
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2017, 05:54:27 pm »
This is interesting but first off I dont think adding cook profession would solve the issue. there are many ways to make money on the server such as fishing, smuggling, artifact hunting, harvesting, etc. and eventually new stuff will come out such as scavenging. https://forums.harbor-roleplay.net/index.php?topic=81.0 (scavengers coming soon). We even have jobs on the server from gun dealers to the Coast Guard police. If your having trouble making money then id love to assist you in your game play. Otherwise, the server has a lot coming for it in the sense of new material and things to do!

<a>[/url]

• I love HRP!
    • Canada
    • Windows 10
    • Chrome
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2017, 04:52:58 am »
Hmm not so much the fact that I need to make money, just more so suggesting alternative job options to make the game feel like there are more options. Awesome that new content will be added, however will the scavenger just find random loot on the beaches and such? Just out of curiosity. But a scavenger job sounds a lot like an artifact hunter but on the surface. Maybe we could add some sort of oil processor job, I've seen oil refinery mods on othe servers and think it would give the oil rig some much needed life, giving people something to do on the rig. Also add in a fruit vendor to blue harbor would be nice, so players don't have to travel far if they set up at blue. Just a few little morsels for thought, thanks for the feedback though man great! Let's keep it going guys I'm sure everyone has some great ideas

• I love HRP!
    • Canada
    • Windows 10
    • Chrome
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2017, 04:55:49 am »
Anyways, on my first point, I would really love to see some more jobs that people can set up and enjoy to diversify the server more, so that everyone is not either a fisherman, hunter, officer, or arms dealer. Really it's only 4 jobs, and I feel like something like cooks, vendors, shopkeeper,  refinery workers, and scavengers all would be if it the server in their own way. Keep updated!,

Hyiroh

Zafiro

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2017, 10:09:18 pm »
Hunger/cook job sounds cool, pretty sure the server is sworn off of printers and stuff like that. I feel like shopkeep wouldn't stick well as there isn't always going to be someone to supply you with vital items sort of like gun dealers and BMD but more important.

Scavenging is in the works as wolf said and refineries would be an interesting addition especially if the oil rig was finally used, maybe some sort of multi-step system.

Offline Wulf Thunderbolt (Thunderwolf47)

• Administrator
  • *Bark* *Bark*
    • United States
    • Windows 10
    • Chrome
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2017, 12:17:56 am »
Hunger does sound like it would be great edition to the server, it would encourage people to use microwaves more and it could be set at a slow decline rate so it won't be an annoyance. Printers and drug mod are definitely  a no for now, more important matters. But perhaps we can still add in a new jobs such as fishermen or cook NPC that provide items that give boosts or effects. Maybe you can buy better bait from a fisherman job to sell fish at a higher price, or maybe the cook allows for increased health cap/ regeneration.

We are definitely looking into expanding the server's options and will definitely keep these ideas in mind for future refrence.

<a>[/url]

Offline Jerry Slime

• Semi-New Member
  • Date Registered: Apr 2017
  • I love HRP!
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2017, 05:46:59 am »
Anyways, on my first point, I would really love to see some more jobs that people can set up and enjoy to diversify the server more, so that everyone is not either a fisherman, hunter, officer, or arms dealer. Really it's only 4 jobs, and I feel like something like cooks, vendors, shopkeeper,  refinery workers, and scavengers all would be if it the server in their own way. Keep updated!,

Hyiroh
Cool and all but I will go over what I think
vendors and shopkeep are the same but to sell what.
refinery workers eh maybe?
scavengers being worked on
and cooks a cool idea but having food and needing to eat may get annoying real fast

Zafiro

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2017, 09:38:01 am »
and cooks a cool idea but having food and needing to eat may get annoying real fast

Maybe a counter like taking fish out of a container and cooking them on a fishing mod stove, it wouldn't completely devalue microwaves as the stove can be rare and would probably cost more than heading to a microwave in the harbor.

It's also worth noting the models for the fish are already added to the server(the ones you see in the pots).

« Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 09:47:47 am by Zafiro »

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2017, 09:55:31 am »
I really like the idea of a hunger system. I had an idea for this back on the last HRP ages ago but I was never in any position to make that idea into a reality. This is definitely something I will get into after the scavenger system is up and running.

« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2017, 09:58:36 am »
It's also worth noting the models for the fish are already added to the server(the ones you see in the pots).

Fairly certain that the models we are using for fish are from the one CSS map. I know at least one of them is.

Also, for the sake of optimization and shit, a lot of our addons that we don't make and use from others are abridged. For example, our WAC addon is a heavily modified version of the main one and only includes a few vehicles. So if what you're getting it with linking that is that we have that FULL addon on the server based on that you saw the fish models is not true. If we have that addon, it is most likely just a few models from it.

Zafiro

« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2017, 11:16:55 am »
Quote from:  link=topic=116.msg290#msg290 date=1492102716

Fairly certain that the models we are using for fish are from the one CSS map. I know at least one of them is.

Also, for the sake of optimization and shit, a lot of our addons that we don't make and use from others are abridged. For example, our WAC addon is a heavily modified version of the main one and only includes a few vehicles. So if what you're getting it with linking that is that we have that FULL addon on the server based on that you saw the fish models is not true. If we have that addon, it is most likely just a few models from it.

I meant the fish are already added to the server, I can understand cutting that up as there would be a lot of useless content from it.