1,875 Posts in 546 Topics - by 1,449 Members - Latest Member: Yeetus Cleetus (Darksied)

Author Topic: Player damage  (Read 1066 times)

Offline Bishop Wallace (Bish | 2401 Penitent Tangent)

• MEME
  • Developer
  • Date Registered: Mar 2017
  • The or something
    • United States
    • Windows 10
    • Chrome
Player damage
« on: November 19, 2017, 09:57:13 am »
We should add this so when police are forced to chase players that don't comply, they can shoot them in the feet... its a non lethal way to handle a situation... the addon makes it so that if you shoot a player in the hand, they will drop the gun they are holding.  If you shoot a player in the leg, that player will be forced to walk.  You can have your running fixed if you receive food or medical.

We could add this alongside tasers as well.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1156777490&searchtext=leg+damage

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=137669824&searchtext=leg+damage

That two

Offline Artyom Vasiliev (Liquid_Caffeine)

• Deluxe
  • Semi-New Member
  • Date Registered: Nov 2017
  • Addicted to HRP. Send help.
    • United States
    • Windows 10
    • Firefox
Re: Player damage
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2017, 10:11:31 am »
+Support

I like the idea, and it would help in many RP scenarios.

You'll definitely get the jerks that drive by and cap you in the leg while you're fishing or at Red and hear the "AGH! MY LEGS!" spam, but I think the good would outweigh the bad when bringing usefulness to Coast Guard.

My only concern is the "Damage multipliers for different body parts", and how that may correspond with the significant damage that FA:S weapons already deal. But, if it works normally and not like "5x damage multipler for head damage", I think it would be a benefit for player-vs-player gunfights and police alike.

Anyhow, I definitely like the idea!

Offline Bishop Wallace (Bish | 2401 Penitent Tangent)

• MEME
  • Developer
  • Date Registered: Mar 2017
  • The or something
    • United States
    • Windows 10
    • Chrome
Re: Player damage
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2017, 04:51:22 pm »
+Support

I like the idea, and it would help in many RP scenarios.

You'll definitely get the jerks that drive by and cap you in the leg while you're fishing or at Red and hear the "AGH! MY LEGS!" spam, but I think the good would outweigh the bad when bringing usefulness to Coast Guard.

My only concern is the "Damage multipliers for different body parts", and how that may correspond with the significant damage that FA:S weapons already deal. But, if it works normally and not like "5x damage multipler for head damage", I think it would be a benefit for player-vs-player gunfights and police alike.

Anyhow, I definitely like the idea!
We don't use FA:S.  We use a modified version of M9k.  FA:S is trash... Anyway, the multiplier can be disabled.

That two