1,875 Posts in 546 Topics - by 1,449 Members - Latest Member: Yeetus Cleetus (Darksied)

Author Topic: Kieran Jefferson's Trusted Application  (Read 1826 times)

Offline Kieran

• OG Member
  • Date Registered: Apr 2017
  • I love HRP!
    • United Kingdom
    • Windows 10
    • Chrome
Kieran Jefferson's Trusted Application
« on: August 18, 2018, 10:44:49 am »
Role-Play Name: Kieran Jefferson
SteamID: STEAM_0:1:156724399
Steam Name:Crazy
Steam Profile Link:https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198273714527/home

Time played on HRP:2 Days & Like 15 Hours?
Hours played on GMOD: 3000 odd

Explain why you should be considered Trusted: I should be considered trusted because I know my way around the server. I can help people when they need it. I am available whenever needed. But I need the Players to check GMT time as It is a 8 Hour difference from the server's natural time zone. I have had many reports on me but they turn out false & the actual reporter gets Banned IE  : Rick Fisher Ect.

Offline Miku Netsuha (Nicknero)

• That one oldfag.
  • Administrator
  • Date Registered: Jun 2017
  • Why are you reading this?
    • The Netherlands
    • Windows 7
    • Firefox
Re: Kieran Jefferson's Trusted Application
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2018, 07:46:46 pm »
Before we jump into this, let's read the stickied post regarding trusted applications together, shall we?

Becoming Trusted is only reached by participation & cooperation. Proving your character by representing yourself as someone positive, outgoing and understanding. This rank tells everyone on our servers that you can help solve issues, answers questions or guide them to support.

Building and role-play skills are also taken into consideration when applying. You must have the necessary skills to fulfill your obligations as Trusted:

• Respect all players
  • Always following server rules
  • Bring in new players
  • Give in-game support
  • Never abuse perks
  • Report rule breaking
Now, why did I mark a couple of things red here? Because those are the thing I'm going to talk about.
I have been reading through logs in my spare time (just cause), and I happen to have also read how you act on the server and on OOC while there is no staff online (Or heck, who am I kidding, even if there are staff online).
And the amount of full caps, swearing, and other plain profanity coming from you is really disturbing. This is the exact opposite of what we are looking for, as you can see in the quote above.

Allow me to provide just a small example of what I found:

I'm going to be completely honest with you here, but giving you trusted would be a bad image to our staff team. If you really want to be trusted, you should do something about your language and be more mature.

Offline Phil Mcgraw (Toast Is Good)

• Toast
  • Developer
  • Date Registered: Mar 2017
  • Life isn't all sunshine and rainbows.
    • United States
    • Windows 10
    • Chrome
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2018, 12:29:10 pm »
Hey Kieran. I'm happy to see you're wanting to help out in the community. We haven't known each other for that long, but within this short time of knowing each other you haven't shown me any real troublesome behavior.
You, for the most part, have my support.

Those logs on the other hand show some concerning exchange of words. However, I don't know the context of them. Therefore, I can't really make any real true judgement. If I knew the context, I would be able to understand what was going on. However, if I am correct, I'm pretty sure it was during the time Rick Fisher was causing some trouble. Everyone can lose their cool sometimes. Especially during situations like that.

« Last Edit: August 19, 2018, 02:06:16 pm by Phil Mcgraw (Toast Is Good) »
Meh.

Offline Miku Netsuha (Nicknero)

• That one oldfag.
  • Administrator
  • Date Registered: Jun 2017
  • Why are you reading this?
    • The Netherlands
    • Windows 7
    • Firefox
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2018, 02:51:56 pm »
If I knew the context, I would be able to understand what was going on. However, if I am correct, I'm pretty sure it was during the time Rick Fisher was causing some trouble. Everyone can lose their cool sometimes. Especially during situations like that.

Keeping yourself calm and assertive even in the most difficult times with the most troublesome players is the perfect definition of being trusted or any other staff positions.
It comes with experience. And experience can only be build up if one was given the chance obviously. And everyone makes mistakes as times.
If he can prove himself to not lose his shit again even if he is under the pressure of difficult people, I can grand him my support. But for now, I can't.

Offline Kieran

• OG Member
  • Date Registered: Apr 2017
  • I love HRP!
    • United Kingdom
    • Windows 10
    • Chrome
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2018, 06:07:03 pm »
I understand why your are giving me -Support & I will try to sort out my calming issues. It just really was not a nice day in general. I thought maybe I could vent off some steam. However I am glad that toast told you about what happened with Me & Rick. Thanks Toast