1,875 Posts in 546 Topics - by 1,449 Members - Latest Member: Yeetus Cleetus (Darksied)

Author Topic: The Tower Base  (Read 1072 times)

Offline Danny Hampton (wawa wawa)

• 20 fps life
  • Deluxe
  • Date Registered: Jun 2017
    • United States
    • Android
    • Handheld Browser
The Tower Base
« on: April 20, 2018, 07:35:46 pm »
This is a little showcase of a base I recently finished. It's located off of the islands, just within view. The base is 32x32 in size, not counting the experimental runway, and the inside is 2 hunter blocks deep, letting most smaller ships and boats in comfortably while keeping people from entering from the sides or below.

This is an overview of everything.

Here's a shot of the runway. I'm hoping to test in the future if it's capable of receiving planes. You can see the top platform and helipads too - The helipads are both 8x8, so they can fit about anything smaller than a blackhawk. The inside door controls are up here, as well as a barricade in case it takes fire from the islands.

Just down the stairs from the top platform is a smaller area that usually houses a microwave. It makes a good fighting position, with two windows and open ends that house a ramp to the top and an elevator to the bottom. The windows have a special slanted platform that lets shooters take a variety of different angles, allowing them to hit enemies who are against the outer walls.

Close-up of the window.

This is the bottom platform. Here boats can dock, and there is a simple hydraulic elevator that goes to the 'fighting position.' There is also a slightly raised room surrounded by windows, for people to relax safely in or store supplies. Can alternatively be blacked out for your more exotic goods.

I can't wait to see how this works in the server once more people hop on, especially with the new update accelerated by Link's return. Please let me know what you think or raise any questions below.

i hate people who say "quarter till 7" like just say 6:75 dumb as

Offline Matthew Green (Viserion)

• Nah
  • Trusted
  • Semi-New Member
  • Date Registered: May 2017
    • United Kingdom
    • Windows 10
    • Chrome
Re: The Tower Base
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2018, 06:56:30 am »
very nice

RushoxPurge

Zafiro

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2018, 10:50:06 am »
Neat base, don't see enough occupations of the islands or oil rig maybe more at sea bases will come with twin.

Also it would catch the Cessna with ease, the runway twin has is definitely smaller than 32X32.

Offline Matthew Green (Viserion)

• Nah
  • Trusted
  • Semi-New Member
  • Date Registered: May 2017
    • United Kingdom
    • Windows 10
    • Chrome
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2018, 07:39:41 am »
me want

RushoxPurge