1,875 Posts in 546 Topics - by 1,449 Members - Latest Member: Yeetus Cleetus (Darksied)

Author Topic: Admin application  (Read 1759 times)

Offline Bishop Wallace (Bish | 2401 Penitent Tangent)

• MEME
  • Developer
  • Date Registered: Mar 2017
  • The or something
    • United States
    • Windows 10
    • Chrome
Admin application
« on: August 15, 2017, 04:32:10 pm »

Role-Play Name: Bishop Wallace
SteamID: STEAM_0:0:29041928
Steam Name: Bish | Echo 419
Steam Profile Link: http://steamcommunity.com/id/nutcase98/

Reason for applying: Figured I should get back into administrating on the server again.
Past experience: Former dev and former super admin/regular admin... played this server since 2011 or something.
Personal skills: Coding (kinda) Good with managing servers and players.  Good with rules and enforcing them.  Social for the most part.
Requested positions: Admin, just regular plain old admin.  Unless of course staff want me higher.  Don't really have a preference.

In detail, explain how your involvement will benefit the community: My involvement will mean at least two things.  More boots on the ground for administration things.  Things like minge control, general rule enforcement and possible events for players to make money and have fun.  Former experience from past servers, I train new admins if needed and I can give insight on things like how rules should be interpreted or how they should be enforced.  Such as ban times or general explanation.  My aim is to allow everyone more than one chance at being welcome in the community.  I don't jump to extreme bans unless it involves hacking or repeated attempts to crash the server.   Its a good model to allow players a bit more freedom on "ropes" to say.  Wriggle room to settle if you would.  However, I do not have an issue handing out perma bans if needed.  As stated before.

Hope you enjoyed reading this post in some manner.  I also hope to get back into the saddle, been out of it for some time in terms of gmod as a whole. 

That two

Offline John Heald (Bay)

• Catalyst Regular
  • Developer
  • Date Registered: Jun 2017
  • Billy's Son
    • United States
    • Windows 10
    • Firefox
Re: Admin application
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2017, 06:55:14 pm »
I'm not sure if you're allowed to skip the Trusted process but again I remember you from a while back. It was also fun to shoot down your airship during that event <3. But I support this application because you hosted events a lot as an admin and would be on most of the time. You responded fast if there was an incident and never showed any signs of abuse.

Sincerely, your favorite player, twitch.tv/bayprophet (John Heald)!

Offline Bill Chunga (sparky /\_//\_//\_//\_/)

• Trusted
  • ok
    • United States
    • Windows 10
    • Chrome
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2017, 06:58:29 pm »
Hi Bishop, I want to tell you that you have to start out with a trusted application and work your way up to an admin

osu!: Nigrod
discord Sparky #1616

• MEME
  • Developer
  • The or something
    • United States
    • Windows 10
    • Chrome
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2017, 09:37:44 pm »
I thought being gold member made that redundant.  I guess I misread that?

That two

• MEME
  • Developer
  • The or something
    • United States
    • Windows 10
    • Chrome
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2017, 09:38:58 pm »
Hi Bishop, I want to tell you that you have to start out with a trusted application and work your way up to an admin
  Also, I am a previously ranked member to a degree.  At least I think I am.  I was super admin and the dev before link took over.

That two

Offline Bill Morris (Rick Sanchez)

• The Real Bill
  • Semi-New Member
  • Linux is best. I can prove it with science.
    • United States
    • Windows 7
    • Chrome
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2017, 11:20:41 pm »
Welcome aboard Bish!

Windows may have most of the game support out of most OSes. But hink about it, do you want your data being sold to corporations for targeted advertising. It's not anonymos. Linux is, it's also free, open source, Hell of a lot more secure. Try it sometime. Join the 1% club.