1,875 Posts in 546 Topics - by 1,449 Members - Latest Member: Yeetus Cleetus (Darksied)

Author Topic: Artyom Vasiliev (Caffeine) - Trusted Application  (Read 3522 times)

Offline Artyom Vasiliev (Liquid_Caffeine)

• Deluxe
  • Semi-New Member
  • Date Registered: Nov 2017
  • Addicted to HRP. Send help.
    • United States
    • Windows 10
    • Firefox
Artyom Vasiliev (Caffeine) - Trusted Application
« on: November 17, 2017, 01:53:25 pm »

Robert

Role-Play Name:
Artyom Vasiliev

SteamID:
STEAM_0:0:17478733

Steam Name:
Caffeine

Steam Profile Link:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/r3c0n94x

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hours played on HRP (This Server):
2 Days, 19 Hours, and 40 Minutes (and counting - & there's many more to come!)

Hours played on HRP (Other Servers):
Somewhere between 750 and 1000 of my 2300+ hours were spent on Catalyst Gaming's Harbor RP; the majority of the other time being spent on my own community servers and classic Pulsar Effect RP.

Hours played on GMOD:
2,300+

Explain why you should be considered Trusted:

I know that nowadays (and really, always) - it is hard to identify who you can or cannot trust online - and even more so to whom you can entrust with any form of authority or rank, in order to promote the health and popularity of something you work hard to maintain (ie, a server). However, I think that I would be a good addition to the team as a trusted member based on my passion for the gamemode itself, my ability to get along with just about anyone and everyone, treating everyone equally and fairly, and my easygoing nature in general.

In terms of experience with servers, I have spent over 2250 hours on Garry's Mod alone; (and that is after I lost access to my old account due to a hijacker back in 2011). I easily have obtained over 4000 hours of Garry's mod playtime alone combining both accounts, and (during the last ten years) have ran over 20 game servers ranging from Garry's Mod, to Killing Floor, to even Minecraft - and have lots of experience with communicating with players, promoting the server, and keeping things under control if it all hits the fan.

In terms of the prerequisite behaviors of this rank, namely: (Respect all players, Follow server rules, Bring in new players, Give in-game support, Never abuse perks, Report rule breaking) - I can safely say that I have never gotten in any altercations with other players here, have never broken any server rules (to my knowledge!), have brought in four players (STEAM names being The Risen, Dave, xArrowHeartx, and Jay), and have never abused (or even needed, YET.) perks such as "Demote Player(s)". I have also reported a few rulebreakers (A prop pusher, two RDMers, and a prop spammer) and notified staff ASAP when the server has it's hiccups.

I also think that I would be a good addition due to my current late night active hours. Due to being off work due to an upcoming knee surgery (next Tuesday), I have been home and usually taking care of family and other adult obligations during the day, and then get on throughout the night (aside from today, where I've been on ALL DAY long!). I generally will be playing between 8-9 PM Eastern Time through about 6 AM Eastern time (but this varies). I believe we could definitely use more trusted members (and staff alike!) on during these hours - because some people KNOW staff will be gone - and that's when they show up to reek havoc.

But, overall... - After speaking with some of the staff on the server (Namely Billy and Bill) - I can definitely say that I couldn't have chosen a better server to support and be a part of, and would be honored to help you all during this transition to the new map and all of the new content.

I will also probably come through here in just a bit and add / edit some things; so if you see something disappear (or the opposite); that's why! :)

If you have any questions for me, or any concerns you may like addressed, feel free to reply here - or send me an invite on steam and I'll be happy to elaborate!

« Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 01:00:00 pm by Artyom Vasiliev (Caffeine) »

Offline Dylan Hall (Chrylix)

• Deluxe
  • Semi-New Member
  • I love HRP!
    • United Kingdom
    • Windows 10
    • Chrome
Re: Artyom Vasiliev (Caffeine) - Trusted Application
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2017, 02:16:13 pm »
At a glance seems like a great app and a truly amazing player - I met Artyom yesterday and have to say he is one of the most HQ players I've ever seen in this community. You deserve this position.

Offline Wulf Thunderbolt (Thunderwolf47)

• Administrator
  • Date Registered: Mar 2017
  • *Bark* *Bark*
    • United States
    • Windows 10
    • Chrome
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2017, 12:34:45 am »
Well isn't this a pretty looking app. This showed time and effort in assembling such an application.

<a>[/url]

• Deluxe
  • Semi-New Member
    • United States
    • Windows 10
    • Firefox
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2017, 01:32:08 pm »
At a glance seems like a great app and a truly amazing player - I met Artyom yesterday and have to say he is one of the most HQ players I've ever seen in this community. You deserve this position.

That really means a lot to me; thank you! It's been a pleasure to play/RP with you so far in-game - and it was super cool to see you go from the SC-1 to the fishing vessel and being a proper pirate/junker out there, haha!

Well isn't this a pretty looking app. This showed time and effort in assembling such an application.

Thank you. I spent probably close to two hours working taking screenshots/choosing which I wanted, creating images in GIMP, formatting the application and inputting content - but that's mostly because my OCD forces me to get things done right the first time around, haha!

I really do appreciate the kind words from you both! I know it really does make a difference in the overall outcome of things! :)

Offline Dylan Hall (Chrylix)

• Deluxe
  • Semi-New Member
  • I love HRP!
    • United Kingdom
    • Windows 10
    • Chrome
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2017, 02:30:45 pm »
That really means a lot to me; thank you! It's been a pleasure to play/RP with you so far in-game - and it was super cool to see you go from the SC-1 to the fishing vessel and being a proper pirate/junker out there, haha!

You're very welcome buddy. I appreciate all the help you've given me - especially when the automatic payment system failed to provision my perks :)

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2017, 02:38:55 pm »
What an application! Clearly a good amount of effort went into making this.

I honestly feel kind of honored that a man like you put in all the effort to apply for us. I'm quite glad that you are having a good experience with us. I would like to see you become a staff member at some point if all goes well.

Good luck with your surgery and recovery!

• Deluxe
  • Semi-New Member
    • United States
    • Windows 10
    • Firefox
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2017, 01:32:21 am »
What an application! Clearly a good amount of effort went into making this.

I honestly feel kind of honored that a man like you put in all the effort to apply for us. I'm quite glad that you are having a good experience with us. I would like to see you become a staff member at some point if all goes well.

Good luck with your surgery and recovery!

Wow! I was totally not expecting a developer reply - and am both humbled and honored in even just that first sentence alone, haha!

I now am climbing up on my third day of playtime, and have only had two negative experiences in all; of which, both were dealt with IMMENSELY quickly. So I definitely think it would be nice to be a part of that, as well as offer a hand to players during non-peak hours (like 11P - 6A EST). With the right team, I think this server will be unstoppable.

I can't wait to see what Billy's stance on the application is - and honestly I'm both excited AND scared, LOL. I assume he may want me to acquire more time played, or spend a bit longer in Discord with the guys... but that is to be expected!

Thanks again for the kind words!

Offline Phil Mcgraw (Toast Is Good)

• Toast
  • Developer
  • Life isn't all sunshine and rainbows.
    • United States
    • Windows 10
    • Chrome
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2017, 01:49:03 am »
Your application looks fantastic! I wish others would take this as an example of how great to make an application. Although I haven't known you for too long, you seem very well rounded, and very trustworthy. I believe you could do a good job at being trusted. Good luck man.

Meh.

• Deluxe
  • Semi-New Member
    • United States
    • Windows 10
    • Firefox
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2017, 10:20:25 am »
Your application looks fantastic! I wish others would take this as an example of how great to make an application. Although I haven't known you for too long, you seem very well rounded, and very trustworthy. I believe you could do a good job at being trusted. Good luck man.

Thank you, Toast! And It's been fun getting to know you more over the last few days too! (and see your giant impenetrable bases and things that the new guys get so frustrated at not being able to get to, LOL.)

Also - best of luck on the app! I just saw that you have one open as well! :)

• Deluxe
  • Semi-New Member
    • United States
    • Windows 10
    • Firefox
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2017, 08:52:44 pm »
UPDATE: I’m not dead - or gone!

My recovery from my major operation is going well, and I should be back on harbor shortly!

I lost my apartment due to my employer’s disability not paying out, and struggled with some complications ranging from infection to cerebral spinal fluid leaks post-op.

Thankfully, I’m doing much better and have been keeping tabs on the community while away.

I am staying with family while I recover, and my internet has gone from 175mbps to 18mbps or lower with their provider. But that won’t keep me from playing with y’all ;)

See you soon!

-Artyom

• Deluxe
  • Semi-New Member
    • United States
    • Windows 10
    • Firefox
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2018, 12:49:59 pm »
I'M ALIVE! And I am BACK!

Three surgeries, multiple hospitalizations (my pancreas failed, and I am now a Type 1 Diabetic), and more have kept me out of the game since my last major surgery back in November... But, I am back. And I am in a new house, with better internet again!

I've been playing the last few days and have yet to come across anyone, so hopefully everyone is still here... - But I just wanted to let you all know that I'm not dead, and that I'm looking forward to playing with you all again! :)

-Artyom (Caffeine)

Offline Phil Mcgraw (Toast Is Good)

• Toast
  • Developer
  • Life isn't all sunshine and rainbows.
    • United States
    • Windows 10
    • Chrome
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2018, 08:59:52 pm »
Good to have you back.

Meh.

Offline Billy Bong (billybob41)

• Skeet
  • Owner
  • Date Registered: Feb 2017
  • Tenacious Behavior
    • United States
    • Windows 10
    • Chrome
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2018, 07:00:52 pm »
Thanks for the update Artyom, glad to hear you're doing well. It's been slow for HRP but picking up this past week. Still need more Trusted members for when twin is finished so hang in there! I should have mentioned this a while ago, but your application is very well put together and impressive. Putting this much effort really shows your character and gives everyone a clear image of how committed you can be. Definitely hop on discord to chat sometime, I may not be in the channel much but I'm always online. Cya soon!