1,875 Posts in 546 Topics - by 1,449 Members - Latest Member: Yeetus Cleetus (Darksied)

Author Topic: Possible Forum Logo Alteration?  (Read 2647 times)

Offline Artyom Vasiliev (Liquid_Caffeine)

• Deluxe
  • Semi-New Member
  • Date Registered: Nov 2017
  • Addicted to HRP. Send help.
    • United States
    • Windows 10
    • Firefox
Possible Forum Logo Alteration?
« on: November 19, 2017, 01:54:46 am »
Hey staff! I was just looking at the sight and started thinking (after looking for a minute) that the logo is kind of hard to read.

I have an (extremely) high contrast monitor, and the light text with the grey gradient makes the two almost "blur" together to me unless I squint and look hard at it.

I know that it's just an 850x88 transparent PNG with text on it, but I was wondering if there were any plans to change it to an image or add a stroke to the text to allow for easier reading?

For example, (and I apologize if this sucks, I just whipped it up in GIMP)

Original:

Example:

Would definitely need some more work, but I thought it might make a nice change to the sight to make it look more "refreshed" ;)

Re: Possible Forum Logo Alteration?
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2017, 10:32:58 am »
I see what you mean. It can be hard to read under some circumstances. However, it's mostly visible. Therefore, it's not really a big priority for us at the moment. If you'd like to take a full crack at it, and we feel it looks good and would work, I will update the logo to feature your work.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Zafiro

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2017, 04:09:15 pm »
The slight outline works wonders, I think the image behind it would be kind of jarring though.

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2017, 04:23:24 pm »
The slight outline works wonders, I think the image behind it would be kind of jarring though.

I agree. If you can make the logo with like a slight like outline and nothing else, I would for sure add that to the forums and credit ya somewhere, Artyom.

Offline Artyom Vasiliev (Liquid_Caffeine)

• Deluxe
  • Semi-New Member
  • Date Registered: Nov 2017
  • Addicted to HRP. Send help.
    • United States
    • Windows 10
    • Firefox
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2017, 11:04:24 pm »
Sounds good! When I’m out of this hospital and back home and recovering I will see what I can do. Maybe I can get some 1080p shots of the darker, deeper water at sea so it gels better with the forum template, and the see how that works!

:) thanks for the suggestions!

Offline Bishop Wallace (Bish | 2401 Penitent Tangent)

• MEME
  • Developer
  • Date Registered: Mar 2017
  • The or something
    • United States
    • Windows 10
    • Chrome
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2017, 04:30:53 pm »
Sounds good! When I’m out of this hospital and back home and recovering I will see what I can do. Maybe I can get some 1080p shots of the darker, deeper water at sea so it gels better with the forum template, and the see how that works!

:) thanks for the suggestions!
Why not a white "glow for the outline?  It could fit with the current logos background.

That two