1,875 Posts in 546 Topics - by 1,449 Members - Latest Member: Yeetus Cleetus (Darksied)

Author Topic: A doctor job  (Read 1843 times)

Offline Bishop Wallace (Bish | 2401 Penitent Tangent)

• MEME
  • Developer
  • Date Registered: Mar 2017
  • The or something
    • United States
    • Windows 10
    • Chrome
A doctor job
« on: September 04, 2017, 10:12:42 pm »
I figured I would bring this suggestion back from the dead.  Made it some time ago back when HRP was still a Catalyst Gaming gamemode.

So, the idea is to add either a whole job with a limit of two or some new items that would work like the doctor that players could have.

So, the job.
The job will have some medical supplies.  Basic stuff.  Things like the default Gmod med kit that you can equip and a defib.  ( http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=606398151&searchtext=defibulator )  Maybe this would be a good one if tweaked.
If we do the job, you could make his medical supplies require some sort of charge or refil to work properly.  AKA, once you run out of juice or band aids, you have to purchase supplies.
As for the defib.  If you die and get rezzed, you respawn with half health and can't use any weapons other than keys for a minute or two.  That way it prevents people who were just revived from being active gunman when IRL, they would just lay there barely breathing.   The defib will need batterys that the doc has to buy from F4.
The job shouldn't be able to base with anyone and needs to be a completely independent party from any faction.   We could even make this system tie into orgs or something down the road.  Say certain ranks hold certain options that they can buy.  Idk on that.

As for the addition of just an inventory item.  You could add the defib to say the black market or something or maybe some whole sale dealer that could sell random things in the future that have to do with whatever future systems we have.  But the defib would have the same traits as the job and it would take up at least 1/3 of your inventory.

Sorry for grammar.  It's late as hell when I wrote this.

That two

Offline Leonard Wong (Statua)

• Probably stoned
  • Date Registered: Nov 2017
  • I hate people
    • Canada
    • Windows 10
    • Chrome
Re: A doctor job
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2017, 10:34:59 am »
Bump

Was thinking about this today. A couple changes and additional ideas.

Defibrillator: Revives dead players waiting to respawn up to 10% HP & locks their weapons to keys for 2 minutes. (batteries to buy seems like a pain in the ass more than anything tho)
Medic Bag: Restores HP
SC-1: Allows solo medics to get to players in the ocean
Jet Ranger (2+ medics req.): Allows duo medics to get to the ocean faster than the SC-1 but requires someone to stay as a pilot to hover.

-<={ 404 COOL SIGNATURE NOT FOUND }=>-

Offline Anatoli Sokolov (Falcon)

• Harbor's Favorite ( only ) Slavic Winged Wolf
  • Administrator
  • Date Registered: Nov 2017
  • <SampleText>
    • United States
    • Windows 10
    • Chrome
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2017, 08:11:31 am »
mabye a medevac pilot job for the CG and or medics would do well

Harbor's Favorite Slavic Winged Wolf | Fastest Trusted In The South | Sweet Home Alabama

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2017, 12:31:46 pm »
Defibrillator: Revives dead players waiting to respawn up to 10% HP & locks their weapons to keys for 2 minutes. (batteries to buy seems like a pain in the ass more than anything tho)

This would make spawn times a bit more complicated. I always thought about lowering the spawn time for members from 60 seconds to like 30. Also, I have it setup so that it automatically respawns the person after the timer is up so I feel like it makes this somewhat useless.

Imagine you're a regular member, and you die in Blue Harbor. You call for a medic and he's in Red. Now he's got 60 seconds to get over to ya. He better haul some ass because he probably won't make it before the auto-respawn gets him.

So we would have to either raise death times, or disable auto-respawn. Just depends on what people are able to put up with.

Offline Danny Hampton (wawa wawa)

• 20 fps life
  • Deluxe
  • Date Registered: Jun 2017
    • United States
    • Android
    • Handheld Browser
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2017, 01:30:02 pm »
I think there needs to be an option where you have a longer timer for "downed" state (1-2 minutes), but also have the ability to die and respawn during that time if you're willing to lose items and have NLR.

i hate people who say "quarter till 7" like just say 6:75 dumb as

Offline Bishop Wallace (Bish | 2401 Penitent Tangent)

• MEME
  • Developer
  • Date Registered: Mar 2017
  • The or something
    • United States
    • Windows 10
    • Chrome
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2017, 04:27:52 pm »
I think there needs to be an option where you have a longer timer for "downed" state (1-2 minutes), but also have the ability to die and respawn during that time if you're willing to lose items and have NLR.
I like this.  You get downed, you lay dead until brought back.  If you had weapons on you, and you are brought back, you get them back.  If you die however and don't get brought back, you lose those items.  Also, remove auto respawn for this... or atleast do what danny said.

That two

Offline Danny Hampton (wawa wawa)

• 20 fps life
  • Deluxe
  • Date Registered: Jun 2017
    • United States
    • Android
    • Handheld Browser
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2017, 07:33:11 pm »
If we wanted to be really advanced and flashy, we could let players drag themselves along at slow speeds while downed, but bleed out faster while moving. Sort of like the way R6 Siege does it, where you can crawl out of the line of fire to avoid being finished off.

Of course, that's a lot to ask if it doesn't already exist, and it would probably take lots of fucking around with to make it work, and even then it would probably be fiddly. (Thanks source.)

« Last Edit: November 26, 2017, 09:36:22 pm by Danny Hampton (Quaker) »
i hate people who say "quarter till 7" like just say 6:75 dumb as