1,875 Posts in 546 Topics - by 1,449 Members - Latest Member: Yeetus Cleetus (Darksied)

Author Topic: Theft and confiscation.  (Read 1109 times)

Offline Bishop Wallace (Bish | 2401 Penitent Tangent)

• MEME
  • Developer
  • Date Registered: Mar 2017
  • The or something
    • United States
    • Windows 10
    • Chrome
Theft and confiscation.
« on: August 28, 2017, 03:04:12 pm »
Not a 100% if this was suggested or not but here we go.

I believe that the CG should be able to destroy illegal weapons that are "for sale" on a table after arresting the seller or even before.  This would create more risk for the sellers and give more reason for CG to actually enforce these laws.  You could make a bonus for contraband destroyed.. like its by item or something... or even a set amount.  Say you destroy an RPG, you get like $1000 for it.   

However, you should not be able to destroy legal items like shotguns or other gun dealer items.

There is another thing too, I believe there should be a way to steal peoples weapons off of their tables or racks.   Like make the lockpick be able to "break" the weapons locks and remove the price and make it a free standing ent that can be stored.  This would make gun dealers and BMDs a little more causes when selling guns and it will keep them closer to their items.  This will allow more player to player interaction and will also promote more crime oriented RP.

That two

Re: Theft and confiscation.
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2017, 09:10:15 pm »
I agree wirh the first one, but for the second, nah. I believe people should be able to have legal shops without being harassed.

Offline Bishop Wallace (Bish | 2401 Penitent Tangent)

• MEME
  • Developer
  • Date Registered: Mar 2017
  • The or something
    • United States
    • Windows 10
    • Chrome
Re: Theft and confiscation.
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2017, 06:29:52 pm »
I agree wirh the first one, but for the second, nah. I believe people should be able to have legal shops without being harassed.
Then why have crime if you can't do it?  lol  Besides, its against the rules to do crime in red before 22:00 and after 04:00... 

Also, if a player sets up outside of red, its on them.  It gives more reason to hiring guards... that, and it shouldn't matter if someone has a legal shop.  Its still a shop, and it needs to have some danger to it other than boredom and an occasional mugging.   

As it stands, there isn't enough illegal things to do in the server, let alone things to do as a whole to make money.  This needs to be a thing, you can't just limit it to the illegal items because it would cause an imbalance.  You need to be able to steal them all, or none.    If anything, it gives something for regular gun dealers to actually worry about.  They don't really have any pressure on them at all currently other than purchasing an item and selling it before they quit or log off.  As it stands, the BMD has a ton more pressure, and justified pressure at that.  However, both need to have some risk and some reward.  As it stands, the gun dealer has no real risk and a large enough reward to make good profit.

That two