1,875 Posts in 546 Topics - by 1,449 Members - Latest Member: Yeetus Cleetus (Darksied)

Author Topic: Lost most of my money in a server restart?  (Read 2167 times)

Offline Red Zee (RedZee)

• Date Registered: Mar 2017
  • I love HRP!
    • Canada
    • Windows 10
    • Chrome
Lost most of my money in a server restart?
« on: July 11, 2017, 08:22:01 pm »
Me, Lighting Wulf and my friend Elmer where on the server and was working on some subs, i tried to adv. dupe my sub but it didnt work, i didnt really care because it was the worst sub ever i made, but when i came back from the server restart i lost almost all of my money, i had around 500 000, Wulf also said that he lost some money as well, was there and error in the restart?

Offline Miku Netsuha (Nicknero)

• That one oldfag.
  • Administrator
  • Date Registered: Jun 2017
  • Why are you reading this?
    • The Netherlands
    • Windows 7
    • Firefox
Re: Lost most of my money in a server restart?
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2017, 12:08:48 am »
It could be anything.
When you say you lost "almost" all of your money (15k left perhaps?) did you lose anything else as well (All your vehicles?)
Because this kind of sounds like the server failed to connect to the database, which means it could not retrieve your goodies. This is usually solved after another server restart.

But yeah, I'm just guessing at this point, because I need more specifics if I want to tell what exactly happened.

But it's not my concern to begin with, so don't worry about it. I'm sure Link or Billy will fix it in a whip. ^^

Offline Wulf Thunderbolt (Thunderwolf47)

• Administrator
  • *Bark* *Bark*
    • United States
    • Windows 10
    • Chrome
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2017, 12:36:34 am »
Yes I apparently lost 60k, and am unable to a dress the issue. We will look into the issue.

<a>[/url]

Offline Red Zee (RedZee)

• I love HRP!
    • Canada
    • Windows 10
    • Chrome
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2017, 07:58:10 am »
It could be anything.
When you say you lost "almost" all of your money (15k left perhaps?) did you lose anything else as well (All your vehicles?)
Because this kind of sounds like the server failed to connect to the database, which means it could not retrieve your goodies. This is usually solved after another server restart.

But yeah, I'm just guessing at this point, because I need more specifics if I want to tell what exactly happened.

But it's not my concern to begin with, so don't worry about it. I'm sure Link or Billy will fix it in a whip. ^^
My money now is around 3000 but when the server resetted i had 8753 or some number in the 700's

Offline Billy Bong (billybob41)

• Skeet
  • Owner
  • Date Registered: Feb 2017
  • Tenacious Behavior
    • United States
    • Windows 10
    • Chrome
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2017, 05:26:20 pm »
Well this isn't good. We have logs so everything is tracked, should be able to handle this quickly. Will update soon.

Billy

Offline Red Zee (RedZee)

• I love HRP!
    • Canada
    • Windows 10
    • Chrome
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2017, 07:55:52 pm »
Thanks billy <3