1,875 Posts in 546 Topics - by 1,449 Members - Latest Member: Yeetus Cleetus (Darksied)

Author Topic: Deep sea miner/ miner  (Read 1414 times)

Offline Wulf Thunderbolt (Thunderwolf47)

• Administrator
  • Date Registered: Mar 2017
  • *Bark* *Bark*
    • United States
    • Windows 10
    • Chrome
Deep sea miner/ miner
« on: April 04, 2017, 11:07:43 am »
I've been on HRP for some time now and have noticed the lack of activity on the islands and oil rig. I come bearing a suggestion to engage both locations.

Similar to oil barrel dumping, perhaps we can use oil barrels to create a new mining occupation. What I mean by this is have oil mines on the island or in shallow waters that collect valuable oil over time. When full, a ship baring oil tanks or canisters carry it to the oil rig to sell, preferably an npc.

Mines are easier than it may seem, by using the half life two slam pilars as a mining pump, it signifies mining and something to defend from piracy or theft. By using a percentage gauge to measure how much stored in it, you can predict when to start guarding it or empty the pump. With the barrels it would function the same as the barrel dump job. It would be lost if it touched the sea, making it a high risk job.

This benifits the server in many ways. The main way it helps is to get more people out at sea. The second is that it offers a paying occupation that gives way to piracy, ship building, and the requirement of the CG protection.

<a>[/url]

• Administrator
  • *Bark* *Bark*
    • United States
    • Windows 10
    • Chrome
Re: Deep sea miner/ miner
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2017, 01:29:37 pm »
Denied due to other server priorities.

<a>[/url]

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2017, 04:26:55 pm »
Denied due to other server priorities.

?

• Administrator
  • *Bark* *Bark*
    • United States
    • Windows 10
    • Chrome
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2017, 04:39:00 pm »
Information from you an billy stated this wont happen due to other modifications and addons to the server; scavengers, already having sea occupations, and difficulty.

<a>[/url]

Offline Billy Bong (billybob41)

• Skeet
  • Owner
  • Date Registered: Feb 2017
  • Tenacious Behavior
    • United States
    • Windows 10
    • Chrome
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2017, 10:23:17 pm »
adding more content like this is possible. i may have misunderstood what you mentioned to me on teamspeak. So far i like your idea and seems perfect for hrp.