1,875 Posts in 546 Topics - by 1,449 Members - Latest Member: Yeetus Cleetus (Darksied)

Author Topic: Pilot License  (Read 1337 times)

Offline John Heald (Bay)

• Catalyst Regular
  • Developer
  • Date Registered: Jun 2017
  • Billy's Son
    • United States
    • Windows 10
    • Firefox
Pilot License
« on: June 18, 2017, 02:40:10 am »
Create a Pilot license to get approval to fly your aircraft over Red Harbor. You can still fly it without a license (harder to track your heli by the CG) or get a license, have more experience with flight and how to fly properly along with knowing controls (all included in a GUI test kind of like Coast Guard.) With a license, you have a registered helicopter and are legally allowed to fly around RH. You also can be tracked and your helicopter along with its info can be brought up by CG. Would be fun and more realistic.

Sincerely, your favorite player, twitch.tv/bayprophet (John Heald)!

Offline Homer Barzetti (homeowner)

• Catalyst Gaming OG
  • Deluxe
  • Il Duce
    • United States
    • Windows 10
    • Chrome
Re: Pilot License
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2017, 07:24:58 am »
I like this idea because people like me can't fly for our lives and it would weed out all the trash flyers and have more better flyers around.

Zafiro

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2017, 09:40:01 am »
I can get behind this, I see a lot of people who own helis and fly recklessly or don't know how to fly at all. It would also help CG greatly as there is no way to identify an aircraft.

Offline John Heald (Bay)

• Catalyst Regular
  • Developer
  • Billy's Son
    • United States
    • Windows 10
    • Firefox
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2017, 03:15:28 pm »
Yea, it would teach alot of people how to fly.

Zafiro

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2017, 07:24:49 pm »
I might post a basic guide on WAC, one of the things I noticed was just altering the control scheme from the default solved all of my problems.

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2017, 10:46:33 pm »
I might post a basic guide on WAC, one of the things I noticed was just altering the control scheme from the default solved all of my problems.

Hell, you taught me to fly.

I think your scheme using mouse controls is nice. You could whip up a guide for flying mouse controls and flying keyboard. If I like it, I will put it in the main guides thing.

Offline John Heald (Bay)

• Catalyst Regular
  • Developer
  • Billy's Son
    • United States
    • Windows 10
    • Firefox
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2017, 12:01:59 am »

Hell, you taught me to fly.

I think your scheme using mouse controls is nice. You could whip up a guide for flying mouse controls and flying keyboard. If I like it, I will put it in the main guides thing.

Flying is easy if you use mouse. I still suggest a license so people have to actually work to fly so they can't abuse it.