1,875 Posts in 546 Topics - by 1,449 Members - Latest Member: Yeetus Cleetus (Darksied)

Author Topic: Fishing Rod Adjustments  (Read 937 times)

Offline Wulf Thunderbolt (Thunderwolf47)

• Administrator
  • Date Registered: Mar 2017
  • *Bark* *Bark*
    • United States
    • Windows 10
    • Chrome
Fishing Rod Adjustments
« on: May 01, 2017, 01:55:58 pm »
I know fishing mod is not entirely set up/finished but I wanted to put this down for the records.

My personal experience with fishing mod with over 2300 catches (no life) and have finally reached level 100 (yup dosn't have a life), I know the annoyance of the grind and how it can deter new players from using it. 90% of my catches have been the heli-bomb, a level 9 bait. With the highest EXP of 55 a catch and a decent sale price of $150, or $600 when cooked made for the only optional bait to use to grind levels and currency. Im not saying to lower junk catch rates, that is what grinding is for. But Im simply asking for each bait with a higher level than the last to have either slightly more EXP and sale prices with adjusted rarity rates. Each new, higher leveled, and expensive bait should be more rewarding than the last. The saw and wrench baits are the biggest letdown at a high level bait because they only fish up catches worth $75.

-Progressive baits
-Higher the bait the more rare/rewarding
-We love Ian
-Cheaper baits aid new players, expensive ones challenge recurring players
-Dont change upgrade options

<a>[/url]

Re: Fishing Rod Adjustments
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2017, 02:10:41 pm »
I need to redo all the EXP gains for the catches because I have not touched that at all. The saw bait catches furniture props which aren't valuable, like you said, but they can be cooked for more reward. I'll bump up their value a little but the trick to those is to cook em.

Offline John Heald (Bay)

• Catalyst Regular
  • Developer
  • Date Registered: Jun 2017
  • Billy's Son
    • United States
    • Windows 10
    • Firefox
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2017, 03:14:54 pm »
Support.

Sincerely, your favorite player, twitch.tv/bayprophet (John Heald)!

Offline Miku Netsuha (Nicknero)

• That one oldfag.
  • Administrator
  • Date Registered: Jun 2017
  • Why are you reading this?
    • The Netherlands
    • Windows 10
    • Chrome
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2017, 02:18:31 am »
I am well on my way to these levels as well. Currently at lvl 45-ish with about 1500 catches.
The lvl 36 bait (which is a huge step after the lvl 16 bait) only catches those glow orbs, which only sell for about 25-75 (I forgot) while lower bait levels are way more valuable.

The original fishing mod also contains a lot more options for bait and caught objects. Why is so much of it removed? Obviously I understand stuff like floating Heavy's, or screaming portal 1 cores are removed. But there is a lot more potential good options such as the pickaxe bait that catches ores and ingots.

Short story: This is an amazing mod, and I've used it a LOT on the original Metaconstruct server, but it still needs a lot of tweaking to be fitted within the HRP boundaries.