1,875 Posts in 546 Topics - by 1,449 Members - Latest Member: Yeetus Cleetus (Darksied)

Author Topic: Scavenger System Finally!  (Read 2414 times)

Scavenger System Finally!
« on: June 06, 2017, 10:47:59 pm »
Well I finally got a stable beta version done on the elusive Scavenger system. I am going to put it on the server and I urge you to please voice any sort of complaint, comment, or suggestion you might have on it.

This version is only good if you participate in the development by voicing your opinions on where you think this should go.

I put up a guide on the system so you can see how to use it.

Offline Wulf Thunderbolt (Thunderwolf47)

• Administrator
  • Date Registered: Mar 2017
  • *Bark* *Bark*
    • United States
    • Windows 10
    • Chrome
Re: Scavenger System Finally!
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2017, 11:24:19 pm »

<a>[/url]

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2017, 11:30:34 pm »
no

• Administrator
  • *Bark* *Bark*
    • United States
    • Windows 10
    • Chrome
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2017, 10:56:32 am »
Suggestions:

- Right off the bat I noticed that if the crate dosnt have room left it cant take anything higher than the remaining space. For example, if i have 2 slots left and there are 4 vehicle parts in a crate, i cant take 2 of the 4 parts.

- Another is the timer seems a tad short. Along with the possibility of saving crates? If they are in the water they respawn after a timer or if they reach a harbor they compleatly depsawn to avoid spamming. This allows for money stockpiling and raiding of actual crate goods on other ships?

- Prices seem to be fine, netting about $700-$1000 every 10-15 minutes Faster than that, 5 to 8 minutes. But the crate fills up fast, perhaps the scavengers crates need lower loot count or raise the junk box storage by 10.

Combined posts -

« Last Edit: June 07, 2017, 12:47:45 pm by ‎ (‎) »
<a>[/url]

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2017, 12:50:35 pm »
- Right off the bat I noticed that if the crate dosnt have room left it cant take anything higher than the remaining space. For example, if i have 2 slots left and there are 4 vehicle parts in a crate, i cant take 2 of the 4 parts.

- Another is the timer seems a tad short. Along with the possibility of saving crates? If they are in the water they respawn after a timer or if they reach a harbor they compleatly depsawn to avoid spamming. This allows for money stockpiling and raiding of actual crate goods on other ships?

- Prices seem to be fine, netting about $700-$1000 every 10-15 minutes Faster than that, 5 to 8 minutes. But the crate fills up fast, perhaps the scavengers crates need lower loot count or raise the junk box storage by 10.

- Intentional.

- Maybe. I could look into something more advanced than just a timer that destroys it after an amount of time. I like the harbor idea but then they would just stockpile out in the Ocean :P The point of the timer is indeed to stop people from hogging them all because there is a hard crate limit and after the total amount of crates on the server is reached, they stop spawning.

- That's the point, man. Gotta go out quickly and start gettin' the loot. I may raise the Junk Box storage. May.

• Administrator
  • *Bark* *Bark*
    • United States
    • Windows 10
    • Chrome
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2017, 04:22:22 pm »
Got a few more to add.

Suggestion: So ive been testing this with another player and it makes great money! But what I noticed is that we have panic attacks the longer the crates or unclaimed in our stockpile. What I suggest is an "estimated box deterioration timer". This wont give an exact time the box will break but give a rough estimate of when it will break. ex: "Time Left until Deterioration: <1 Minute" or "Deterioration expected:  5 Minutes".

Another thing id like to bring to attention is that you can park prop boats atop of the NPC, idk if this can be abused with prop block or just the fact that you can park you boat on top of him with the loot box near by.
And the gravgun dosnt work properly in seat weaponize mode, you grab the props but they freeze in place

« Last Edit: June 14, 2017, 04:32:38 pm by Wulf Thunderbolt (|JTF| Thunderwolf47) »
<a>[/url]

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2017, 05:06:09 pm »
Got a few more to add.

Suggestion: So ive been testing this with another player and it makes great money! But what I noticed is that we have panic attacks the longer the crates or unclaimed in our stockpile. What I suggest is an "estimated box deterioration timer". This wont give an exact time the box will break but give a rough estimate of when it will break. ex: "Time Left until Deterioration: <1 Minute" or "Deterioration expected:  5 Minutes".

Another thing id like to bring to attention is that you can park prop boats atop of the NPC, idk if this can be abused with prop block or just the fact that you can park you boat on top of him with the loot box near by.
And the gravgun dosnt work properly in seat weaponize mode, you grab the props but they freeze in place

See, the thing is, they each box will deteriorate in 5 minutes from its spawn time. So I might just add a "Box Will Expire Soon" thing somewhere on the thing when it's under 1:30 left on the box. Not sure how I could accomplish this with such a short time.

You're going to have to show me what you mean on the second one, because I have no clue what you mean. With the second thing, I need to see that too. lol