1,875 Posts in 546 Topics - by 1,449 Members - Latest Member: Yeetus Cleetus (Darksied)

Author Topic: Various Suggestions  (Read 1483 times)

Offline Danny Hampton (wawa wawa)

• 20 fps life
  • Deluxe
  • Date Registered: Jun 2017
    • United States
    • Android
    • Handheld Browser
Various Suggestions
« on: August 18, 2017, 11:55:54 am »
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=764395035&searchtext=binoculars - Useful binoculars which are great to have in RP.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=893054505&searchtext=JI - Or something like this that gives us a proper weapon against helicopters.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=295680095&searchtext=JI - A dependency for the Igla and something awesome to have on its own, even with only some of the items available.

I would love to be able to use the body armor and helmets and the food/water system. Both are great replacements for their current server equivalents (microwave and default hl2 armor)

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=216698782&searchtext=WAC - Huey gunship, looks like a good intermediate between the regular helis and the viper.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=737472289&searchtext=HP+48 - Like the default WAC Hind, but it can also carry passengers.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=346585225&searchtext=physical+damage - So that boats and bases are no longer invincible blocks.

« Last Edit: August 18, 2017, 02:01:22 pm by Danny Hampton (Quaker) »
i hate people who say "quarter till 7" like just say 6:75 dumb as

Offline John Heald (Bay)

• Catalyst Regular
  • Developer
  • Billy's Son
    • United States
    • Windows 10
    • Firefox
Re: Various Suggestions
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2017, 02:37:39 pm »
Binoculars wouldn't really work well in the RP sort of things but might be a cool addition for the CG to have. Billy has already said they will be possibly making a mountable turret to one of the boats (forgot the name). The pack that had the bombs (https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=295680095&searchtext=JI) would be an easy way to troll and wouldn't be very realistic in a harbor role play standard. The Huey Gunship is already in Billy's head, correct me if I'm wrong on that. The HP-48 would be a cool helicopter but there is already something similar to it that you can buy for 1.8m. The physical damage can be a good idea but a helicopter could crash into it and destroy someone's whole base or a troll would just shoot down the wall, I would suggest an alternative to that where Coast Guard, under certain circumstances, have something like the jaws of life that can cut open a prop (destroy). I like some of them, hope the devs will also!

Sincerely, your favorite player, twitch.tv/bayprophet (John Heald)!

Offline Bishop Wallace (Bish | 2401 Penitent Tangent)

• MEME
  • Developer
  • Date Registered: Mar 2017
  • The or something
    • United States
    • Windows 10
    • Chrome
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2017, 01:25:54 pm »
Binos would be something you could buy.  Not a bad idea in general.  Would allow players a visual third person view of players zooming instead of using suit zoom.

Igla wouldn't bee too bad, but keep the regular RPG in also.

The JI defense addon isn't being worked on anymore.  I once tried to import the mod into HRP back when I was Dev and it didn't turn out so well.  For one, its a massive addon... two, it isn't really balanced... and three... a lot of things just dont work well.  Don't get me wrong though, I would love to be able to booby trap my base with naval mines and auto turrets.

Huey gunship was discussed and shot down before when I suggested it in the old community.  I only remember that it was shot down because "We already have a gunship(littlebird) and a cobra... "  I like the idea, but the gunship itself needs nerfed.  The secondary mounted m60s have physical large bullets that one shot other helis and penetrate props.  Penetration isn't bad in any other ways other than being able to one shot most things.

The hind isn't bad, but we already have a cobra and a huey.  So not really a reason for the extra file size.  HOWEVER, maybe the pavlow thats already in could be added.

Damageable props sounds like a good idea.  ONLY if its setup to take lots of damage from bullets... I mean like EAT bullets.  And they don't take damage from other props.  So helis can't just rising son that sh*t.  There may be a good alternative out there... like the blowtorch mod for breaking into things... but I do enjoy the idea of getting into pirate fights and also being able to demolish player made boats when they try and run from you.  I can see this being implemented if tweaked. 

That two

Offline Danny Hampton (wawa wawa)

• 20 fps life
  • Deluxe
    • United States
    • Android
    • Handheld Browser
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2017, 02:16:39 pm »
Binos would be something you could buy.  Not a bad idea in general.  Would allow players a visual third person view of players zooming instead of using suit zoom.

Igla wouldn't bee too bad, but keep the regular RPG in also.

The JI defense addon isn't being worked on anymore.  I once tried to import the mod into HRP back when I was Dev and it didn't turn out so well.  For one, its a massive addon... two, it isn't really balanced... and three... a lot of things just dont work well.  Don't get me wrong though, I would love to be able to booby trap my base with naval mines and auto turrets.

Huey gunship was discussed and shot down before when I suggested it in the old community.  I only remember that it was shot down because "We already have a gunship(littlebird) and a cobra... "  I like the idea, but the gunship itself needs nerfed.  The secondary mounted m60s have physical large bullets that one shot other helis and penetrate props.  Penetration isn't bad in any other ways other than being able to one shot most things.

The hind isn't bad, but we already have a cobra and a huey.  So not really a reason for the extra file size.  HOWEVER, maybe the pavlow thats already in could be added.

Damageable props sounds like a good idea.  ONLY if its setup to take lots of damage from bullets... I mean like EAT bullets.  And they don't take damage from other props.  So helis can't just rising son that sh*t.  There may be a good alternative out there... like the blowtorch mod for breaking into things... but I do enjoy the idea of getting into pirate fights and also being able to demolish player made boats when they try and run from you.  I can see this being implemented if tweaked.

I'd love to be able to use more d the available WAC as well (pavelow, sea knight, Raven as a possible super-cheap)

i hate people who say "quarter till 7" like just say 6:75 dumb as

Offline Rex Parkerson (<(EFR)> Rex)

• Date Registered: Jul 2017
  • How do I internet?
    • Canada
    • Windows 10
    • Chrome
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2017, 03:59:37 pm »
in regards to prop damage please no EFR had it or one of them and it was nothing but issues........ the even the little things destroyed the props....
so say some "troll" in a boat comes along say bye bye base...

• MEME
  • Developer
  • The or something
    • United States
    • Windows 10
    • Chrome
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2017, 04:06:51 pm »
in regards to prop damage please no EFR had it or one of them and it was nothing but issues........ the even the little things destroyed the props....
so say some "troll" in a boat comes along say bye bye base...
This is why you tweak the damage modifiers and put in fail safes.  There are ways to prevent these things.

That two

• MEME
  • Developer
  • The or something
    • United States
    • Windows 10
    • Chrome
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2017, 03:24:24 pm »
I've been playing around with the prop damage mod.  It seems pretty balanced already.  Explosives and bullets don't do too much damage.  It takes a rocket to blow up most larger props... however, the health multiplier for smaller props...  they take lots of damage from bullets.

That two